Welcome to stedtnitz design your life GmbH’s media site. Here you can find various information as well as downloadable images and logos. Profile and Biographie Dr. Ulrike Stedtnitz see bottom of the page.
For additional information and material you are welcome to contact us.
Profile Ulrike Stedtnitz, PH.D.
Founder and CEO — stedtnitz design your life GmbH (seit 1986)
Social Entrepreneur and Educational Pioneer (since 1986) — Creating and developing numerous sustainable and well-known projects in the educational arena that focus on talent-development for children and teenagers: Co-founder of the Symposium für Begabung / PH Zug, co-initiative of the LISSA prize (www.lissa.ch), co-founder of the Stiftung für hochbegabte Kinder, co-founder of the European Council for High Ability ECHA, consultant for the Schweizerische Studienstiftung, organizer for the first European congress for gifted education etc.
Executive Coach for executives in companies and small businesses
Lecturer and Coach for high potential and talent development, social and emotional competence, leadership, creativity as a core competency for the future, work-life-balance, human potential development (since 1980)
Metaplan Trainer (since 2012)
Lecturer on gifted/talented education at universities and colleges in Switzerland, in the USA, and in Germany (1983-2010)
Author Mythos Begabung. Vom Potenzial zum Erfolg (Huber 2008), Sprengen Sie den Rahmen. In 9 Schritten zum persönlichen Work-Life-Konzept (Audiobooks 2006), Das Schulische Enrichment Modell (SEM; with J. Renzulli and S. Reis, Sauerländer 2001)
Author of numerous book contributions and articles
Cert. Ed. Psychologist (Federation of Swiss Psychologists), 2001
PhD und M.A., U. Connecticut USA (Ed. Psychology/Gifted & Talented; 1985)
B.A. Cal. State Polytechnic U. Pomona USA (Behavioral Sciences; 1980)
Swiss Teaching Certificate (Primary School) Zurich (1976)
Ongoing professional development in coaching, complementary medicine, energy management
Languages: German and English
Personal Notes: I lived, learned and worked in northern Germany, Switzerland and the USA for long periods of time. I’ve been practicing Arhatic yoga since 2000. I like inspiring conversations with friends as well as hiking and creative fusion cooking.
Expert on talent development, social entrepreneur and cert. ed. psychologist fsp (federation of swiss psychologists)
Ulrike Stedtnitz is CEO of stedtnitz design your life GmbH (www.stedtnitz.ch), a consulting firm specializing in educational evaluations and assessments for adults, teenagers and children, founded in 1986.
- International seminars Women and Leadership for BPW International (Co-leadership with Dr. Antoinette Rüegg, Past President BPW International, in New York), 2010
- Project “Ethik und Leadership für Jugendliche” (with the Stiftung für hochbegabte Kinder, Zurich, www.hochbegabt.ch), 2007
- LISSA — encouraging enthusiasm for learning in Swiss Schools (with the Stiftung für hochbegabte Kinder, Zurich, www.lissapreis.ch); Idea, co-development of concept, implementation and jury member, 2004
- Board member Stiftung für hochbegabte Kinder, Zurich, 2000-2007
- Kick-off and then member of the board for a symposium on talent development (www.symposium-begabung.ch), in addition to university programs in Switzerland and Austria for strength-based curriculum development, 2002-2008
- Concept creation and co-leadership of the first Swiss intensive program of study for gifted education, 1999-2001 (with Dr. Monika Brunsting)
- Member of the founding group for the Schweizerische Studienstiftung (www.studienstiftung.ch), 1992
- Chair person for the first ECHA congress in Zurich for 350 participants (concept, budget, fundraising, coordination and leadership), 1986-1988
- Founding Member of the European Council for High Ability ECHA, 1986-1990
Consulting, Coaching, Seminars
- Currently carrying out regular assessments for executives on intercultural sensitivity
- Seminars, moderation and presentations for numerous firms, organizations and institutions, nationally and internationally, since 1986
- Member of the Satya Group AG, www.satya-gruppe.ch
- Lecturer at universities and higher institutions for learning in Switzerland and Germany, 1985 up to now (U. Zurich, HTW Chur, Hochschule für Angewandte Psychologie Zürich, Interkantonale Hochschule für Heilpädagogik Zürich, Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz, FH Aarau, FH Rorschach, U. Köln)
- Lecturer (University of Connecticut, Educational Psychology, Graduate Level), 1983-1985
- Assistent Professor (Eastern Kentucky University, Curriculum and Instruction), 1983
- Stedtnitz, U. Mythos Begabung. Vom Potenzial zum Erfolg. Huber, 2008
- Stedtnitz, U. Sprengen Sie den Rahmen. In 9 Schritten zum persönlichen Work-Life-Konzept. Orell-Füssli, 2003
- Renzulli, J.S., Reis, S.M. & Stedtnitz, Ulrike. Das schulische Enrichment Modell. Sauerländer, 2001
- Numerous articles in professional publications and numerous book contributions, since 1983
- Continues professional development in career counseling, coaching and consulting alternative medicine and energy work
- Ph.D. in Educational Psychology, University of Connecticut USA (with Prof. J.S. Renzulli), 1985
- M.A. in Education and Psychology of the Gifted and Talented, University of Connecticut USA, 1982
- B.A. in Behavioral Sciences, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona/Los Angeles USA, summa cum laude, 1980 (100% work-study student during the entire study period in the USA)
- Swiss Teaching Certificate (Primary School) Zurich, 1976
Awards and media appearances
- Who’s Who in the World, 1999 and 2000
- Jury Member of the annual business award for the Swiss Leadership Forum in Zurich, since 2005
- Numerous media appearances (television, radio, print), since 1985